Who wouldn’t want to be swept away to the exotic Caribbean? Step inside St Barts, a celebration of wanderlust and escapism in an idyllic setting.
A trip to beautiful Brisbane for me is never complete without a visit to St Barts, a lifestyle emporium nestled in the hip, leafy village of James Street, Fortitude Valley. Low-key luxe homewares, fashion and furniture are thoughtfully curated and artfully displayed beneath a whitewashed high pitched roof synonymous with a Caribbean aesthetic.
The eye is drawn upon entering to an immense, illuminated image of a tropical beach scene behind the front counter … inviting and inspiring you to take time in this to indulge in wanderlust.
The palette is warm, natural and inviting. Scented candles gently glow and ambient music wafts throughout.
What is St Barts known for?
- an intoxicating assemblage of coastal, exotic and tribal aesthetics
- relaxed living … simple luxury .. a peaceful oasis
- understated, unhurried and uncontrived vibes
- warm timber, natural finishes and a neutral palette with splashes of vivid hues
- bohemian, natural and relaxed aesthetic
- handcrafted and artisanal pieces that tell a story
My favourite St Barts looks are based on the senses, inspiring travel, touch or lingering gazes …
Get the St Barts vibe
- Pearl coloured shell, coral, bone and marble artefacts
- Artisanal pieces from far and wide - Morocco, Mongolia, Asia, Africa and Indonesia
- French Cire Trudon candles - the ultimate name in sophisticated sensory experiences
- Bleached timber artefacts such as hand carved Indian candle holders
- Natural fibres for woven baskets, mats and tableware : rattan, seagrass and straw
- Luxe fibres in organic hues from iconic Australian fashion label Ministry of Style
- Lightweight, classic and essential - Panama hats in neutral hues like Ivory and Tobacco
- Theseeke Australian beauty care in minimalistic packaging
Find a St Barts store
Although I visited St Barts in Brisbane for this story, you can find three emporiums in Australia.
St Barts HQ
24 Junction Road, Burleigh Heads • Queensland
St Barts Brisbane
6/31 James Street, Fortitude Valley • Queensland
St Barts Southport
107 Ferry Road, Southport • Queensland
See you soon | À bientôt